Wednesday, May 6, 2009

"Waiting On" Wednesday: The Best of Times


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

The Best of Times
By Penny Vincenzi
Publication Date: July 14, 2009


From Amazon:

"On an ordinary Friday afternoon, on a major motorway outside of London, a trailer truck suddenly and violently swerves across fives lanes of traffic—careening cars into one another like dominoes and leaving a trail of chaos and confusion. Within the space of a minute, an astounding miles-long pileup has amassed, and, as the survivors await help, their stories unfold.

Vincenzi expertly maneuvers the plot between the panic-stricken husband trapped in his car with his young mistress, his adultery sure to be discovered; the bridegroom trying frantically to get to the church on time (he won’t); the widow on her way to reunite with the love of her life after sixty years, now forced to ponder whether she’ll ever see him again; the junior doctor waiting to receive the crash victims in the ER … And at the epicenter of this field of destruction lies the truck driver, suffering from memory loss, while the mysterious hitchhiker, the only person who knows what really happened, has fled the scene.


Spellbound by these intimate and evocative tales, we watch as fate takes its powerful course and the far-reaching effects of the crash ripple through the lives of hundreds of people."


What's your "waiting on" pick this week?

Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave a link in the comments section!

21 comments:

Alea said...

Here's mine!

http://aleapopculture.blogspot.com/2009/05/waiting-on-wednesday-29.html

Unknown said...

Good morning - here's mine

BrainLairWhere do you find your new releases?

Kristi said...

Yours sounds really good - I will be watching for it! Here is mine.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

This one sounds good! Here is mine:
http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com/2009/05/waiting-of-wednesday-secrets-she-left.html

Amelia said...

Wow, Your pick looks intriguing. Thanks for sharing it!

Here's mine:
http://booksloveus.blogspot.com/2009/05/waiting-on-wednesday-tenth-grade-bleeds.html

Laina said...

I've zoned on leaving a link here before, but here's mine. :) http://lainahastoomuchsparetime.blogspot.com/2009/05/waiting-on-wednesday-6.html

bermudaonion said...

Oooh, I want to read that one too.

Lisa (Southern Girl Reads) said...

Sounds like another good one, Jill!

Missy B. said...

Sounds good! Here's mine:

http://missysbooknook.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

My choice is up - it's a book I found here on your own blog!

Here's my post.

Nancy said...

Hiya!!! great choice. I will have to check it out.

HERE is my WOW post

Mishel (P.S. I Love Books) said...

Wow yours sounds really good!

mine for this week:

http://creativitygone.blogspot.com/2009/05/day-151-waiting-on-wednesday-11.html

Lorin said...

I don't usually participate, but this was too good not to.

http://archthinking.blogspot.com/2009/05/waiting-wednesday-leviathan.html

asdfjkl; said...

This is my week's pick! :D

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Can't wait to read some reviews of your pick!

Here's my WoW.

Mrs. Melissa said...

oh this sounds incredible!! What an unreal way to tell a story.
I had a WoW pick for months and it finally arrived 04/21
Its Michael Perry's new book, "COOP: A Year of Poultry, Pigs and Parenting." I love Perry's writing, his sense of humor and most of all, that he was born, raised, lives and writes in Wisconsin. I highly recommend any of his books; I'm quite proud to be one of his biggest fans!

Andrea said...

Here is what I am waiting on

Tara said...

I am looking forward to this too! I love a good Vincenzi!

The Book Resort said...

Here's mine:

http://thebookresort.blogspot.com/2009/05/waiting-on-wednesday_06.html

Angela said...

That looks like a really good book. I'm going to add it to my to-read list. Thanks for the review.

Melissa said...

That one sounds really good!