Wednesday, August 19, 2015

"Waiting On" Wednesday: The Good Goodbye

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:



The Good Goodbye
By Carla Buckley

Publication Date: January 19

From Amazon:

On her way to her 19th wedding anniversary celebration, Natalie Falcone leaves the struggling restaurant she owns with her brother-in-law, Vince. She doesn’t speak to him on her way out; they haven’t spoken in months. But out on the sidewalk, she gets a phone call every mother dreads: It’s from the emergency room where her daughter, Arden, attends college. Arden’s been in a fire, along with Natalie’s niece, Rory—Vince’s daughter and Arden’s best friend.

Natalie rushes to the hospital and learns that both Arden and Rory lie unconscious, and that another student has died in the blaze. The police suspect arson.


As the investigation mounts, Natalie struggles to piece together the elusive details of Arden’s and Rory’s freshman year. Growing up, Rory was charming, popular, and charismatic, while Arden was artistic, perceptive, and reserved. They were different yet inseparable, more like sisters than cousins. But the case unearths a different portrait—of a complex friendship, a love triangle, a fight, and a girl who was struggling more than anyone realized. To discover what really happened that tragic night, Natalie’s and Vince’s families must confront the one truth that ultimately emerges: Nothing is ever exactly what it seems.




What's your "waiting on" pick this week?


Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link below!










15 comments:

GG said...

WOW! I'm intrigued.

Laura said...

Sounds really good. Thanks for sharing it.

Grace Fonseca said...

This sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Kate @ Ex Libris said...

Sounds very intense!

Kate @ Ex Libris

Rachel said...

Oh this sounds so good. And intense. I am definitely going to add it to my to-read list!

my WoW: http://rachelwritesthings.blogspot.com/2015/08/waiting-on-wednesday-suicide-of-claire.html

Lisa Mandina said...

Sounds like an intense, emotional read. Great pick!

Unknown said...

This book sounds so good and emotional. Being a mother, I couldn't imagine getting a call like that. Thanks for sharing! You can check my WoW at

http://pagesatrandom.blogspot.com/2015/08/waiting-on-wednesday-queen-of-shadows.html

Kay said...

I'm looking forward to this book. I've read at least one other by this author and she tells a good tale.

Unknown said...

That looks like a great read! I'll definitely add it to my TBR pile.

Here my pick - my first time joining in :)


https://myhomemadelibrary.wordpress.com/2015/08/19/waiting-on-wednesdays/

Liviania said...

That sounds super dramatic!

Vildea said...

It sounds like a really interesting read and not one I've come across before! It sounds like there'll be a lot of drama and intrigue for sure! I hope you enjoy it when the time comes (and if you get it!)!

I Was Angelized_1st said...

This book sounds really interesting! I love a book filled with intrigue, where the mystery slowly unfolds. Great pick!

I Was Angelized_1st said...

Oh! I accidentally posted last week's link, so this week's is the second one. My bad! :(

Meadowlark Layne said...

Thanks for sharing. Hadn't heard of that one, and for hosting as always. I haven't done this meme in ages and after taking a few years off blogging it's cool to see that you are one of the ones still around! - Bex

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

Sounds like a fabulous read. Couldn't get the link to work, so you can find my post here: http://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2015/08/waiting-on-wednesday-little-woman-in.html